In conjunction with Focus Music, Celebration Center is thrilled to host the trio, Brother Sun, on their final tour together. Over the past six years, Greg Greenway, Pat Wictor, and Joe Jencks have been making festival and venue appearances across the United States and Canada singing healing, love, and goodness into the world. As individual […]
A Sacred Sock Hop
Freestyle Dancing with a Sacred Intention
Monthly, normally on 4th Saturdays
Next: Saturday Nov 26
Celebration Center for Spiritual Living
2840 Graham Road, Falls Church VA
ample free parking
Bring your intentions and join us as we dance them into the present moment. We’ll circle up to introduce ourselves and the intentions we’ll be dancing for. We’ll surrender to the beats of world music ranging from Hindu chants to African drums to techno pop and maybe even a golden oldie or two. Wear loose or yoga-style clothes and appropriate shoes (barefoot dancing OK). Appropriate for all fitness levels and faiths (including those who consider themselves “spiritual,” rather than identifying with a specific religion).
Rev. Raymont Anderson is a much-loved interfaith minister and holistic motivational coach. He holds multiple degrees in movement and the performing arts and is founder of the theatrical company B.E.L.I.E.V.E. He authored “Visual Music: Interpreting music in American Sign Language” and “Moving Mountains: The Journey of Transformation.”
Jenn Fay knows the amazing results of sacred dance. It is a powerful means of accessing wisdom and support for any challenge. As a licensed spiritual counselor she knows the power of setting intentions for every area of life, and she encourages those she works with to bring their deepest desires into all their spiritual practices. Whether she is guiding others in yoga, meditation, dance, or writing, she has a steadfast vision to help people relax into a creative awareness about new possibilities for a more meaningful and joy-filled life.
Teri Murphy was inspired to design this series by her participation in the passionate praise at Black Christian churches. How could we integrate that electric energy in a spiritually open context?
Cheryl Sabo is director of Music Together Vivo and Harmony Within Yoga. She leads classes and workshops in YogaDance, yoga, and early childhood music in Virginia and nationally.
Ask a question, RSVP, or suggest a song for our next playlist
Each month in 2016, we will be focusing on a different aspect of the Global Vision. Join us as we explore.
We see a world that works for everyone
- Where all life is honored as expressions of the Divine
- Where people live according to spiritual truth
- Where humanity awakens to spiritual magnificence
- Where humanity rediscovers personal creative power
- Where we live as one global family
- Where kinship with all life prospers
- Where unity and connection is emphasized
- Where forgiveness is the norm
- Where spiritual guidance is valued
- Where we are called to conscious social action
- Where people have enough food, homes and a sense of belonging
- Where there is peace, harmony, and justice for all.
- Where resources are valued, cared for, and shared
- Where communities are meaningfully involved in service to the world
- Where there is a renewed emphasis on beauty, nature, creativity, art, and aesthetics.